I recognize you have a choice in who you choose to consult with, and appreciate the consideration. I take great pride in the level of service and dedication I provide each client I have the opportunity to serve.
Lara Abrams Communications is a boutique development/strategic advisory consultancy serving CEOs, C-Suite Executives and their teams, Venture Capital and Private Equity Investors.
I excel in working with Executive Leadership and with Corporate Boards to help define, develop, and deliver growth initiatives, and bring deep experience in various corporate development roles, specifically opening new opportunity streams (pipeline development and lead generation), and developing go-to-market and messaging strategies for growth.
- 23 plus years experience working with major global brands as well as start-ups in various corporate development roles, consulting to CXOs, operating partners and Boards (both venture and private equity-backed) on internet-driven business models, opening new opportunity streams by helping management teams develop go-to-market strategies, driving pipeline development and lead generation messaging strategies and tactics, as well as public relations and partner program development strategies.
- Client experience includes more than 40 companies to date, working with executives and entrepreneurs, from start-ups to global organizations, domestic and international. My client base has been comprised of primarily privately-held companies, some of which remain privately-held; some of which later transitioned to publicly-owned entities.
- Have built and led multi-disciplined project teams; served in various formalized senior corporate development roles, and functioned as an advisor to boards and management of various companies, ranging in industry.
- Experienced in working in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, working with the venture-backed and the middle market private equity community (investors and operators), working across time zones and language barriers.
- Experience navigating public, private, not-for-profit, academic and philanthropic sectors, and relevant relationships between the technology industry, and communities.
- Experienced and effective in roles requiring bi-lingual capability.
- M.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison; B.A., Northwestern University.
Results-Oriented Representation & Advisory
Long-term, successful relationships, business and personal, are based on an "everyone wins" approach, and I take pride in doing my best to help that happen in each project I'm asked to help with. My focus is to deliver the best possible results for you and any consulting engagement involves us both first discussing and compiling a statement of work that we agree upon, with milestones and representation clearly defined. I try to keep it simple, with a focus on 30-60-90-120 days out. Do you have what you need to execute? If not, let's talk about what you need. Once we've done that, we'll work backwards from there to get it done.
I do my best to be a good champion for those starting something new and innovative, those building upon what they've already started, bringing together those who support work being done by those who were told it couldn't be done, and those trying to figure out the road ahead.
My husband and I both come from entrepreneurial families, so we understand what it's like to live an entrepreneur's life. We understand the pressures, the decisions and the need for an outside eye periodically that can help fine-tune or adjust or just eyeball what's happening to give some perspective. When I started consulting, I was not motivated just to help myself, but to help friends starting their own companies. I wanted to meet new people and feel in control again and starting my practice and helping friends was a way to do that.
I look forward to the opportunity to work with you!
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.